Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Pete! Same guy here on zuk no injector pulse. Walked away

Customer Question
Hey Pete! Same guy here...
Hey Pete! Same guy here on zuk no injector pulse. Walked away from it for a bit. Back now ready to find this simple fix.
Have replaced tps sensor, cam sensor, tried 2 replacement ecm( in case got an unlucky defective on first order). Replaced all 3 coolant sensors on thermostat housing. New battery, terminals, cleaned and resurfaced ground connections.
Recap,
95, sidekick 1.6 16v
No tach or injector pulse.
Has spark. Does not run on starting fluid?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
11/27/2015
Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you say you have no injector pulse do you have power to the injectors, has the system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. Did you ohm the drive signal from the ECM to the injectors to be sure there was no open circuit? Post back with this information and I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/8af9c1dce3ef42c08d8a0fea26b5bb7fTo give you more information.Can you provide a wire diagram that will identify which wires to test at the ecm? What readings should be present? Perhaps I was sold two defective ecm. Spark, no injector pulse no tach movement.

The reading should show no open circuit (infinity) which would indicate an open wire.

See the wiring diagram in the link below, its not the greatest but its all the SuzuKi offers for the 1995.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Injector%20Nov%2028.pdf

See the test steps in the link below as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Injector%20test%20Nov%2028.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check it out today, mahalo

Okay, good luck with the hunt. I'm here if need be.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Worked on testing those wires. Colors and pin did not match. Looked online a bit and found a few but none matching. Cab you access a diagram of ecm harness showing pin # ***** wire color? 95 jlx sidekick auto

Here are the only diagrams available from Suzuki.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ECM%201%20Dec%201.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ECM%202%20Dec%201.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks like the diagrams needed. I'll check it out and get back to you Fri. Mahalo

Okay, good luck on your hunt.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Aloha Ron, finally am here to test ecm wires... diagrams and testing process links are not active now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Retrieved that info. Inj # ***** shows .2v-. Swapped ecm. Tested all points again. Same results. Can a bad injector cause the symptoms? I believe I mentioned before, I was informed the vehicle I got motor from was parked due to a bad fuel pump. Perhaps a mistake in diagnosis? I have now swapped everything but injectors and intake. Any ideas?

If you have power and the ground switching signal to each injector the injector should pulse. Do you have the signal to all of them?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Power yes, pulse no. Plan to replace injectors this weekend. We'll see.

The injector are controlled by the ground switching signal from the computer. It seems odd that all the injector would be failing .

Ron, ASE Certified Technician