Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years of exp. 10 with ford on my third with all other makes.Just love cars
35496794

HAVE A LUX 2005 FROM ENGLAND WITH 2KD ENGINE. WHEN CHECK

Customer Question

HAVE A HILUX 2005 FROM ENGLAND WITH 2KD ENGINE. WHEN CHECK ENGINE CODE IS ON YOU CAN NOT ACCELERATE ANYMORE . SCAN WITH AUTEL MS908 AND HAVE CODE P1226. I HAVE TRY WITH A GOOD USED PEDAL SENSOR , AND A TROTTLE BODY ALREADY BUT THE SAME . SHUT OF ENGINE
AND ENGINE RUN AGAIN FINE UNTIL CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AGAIN. HAVE REPLACED DIESEL FILTER AND COOLANT SENSOR TOO.WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM? THIS CAR IS IN SURINAME.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

2 things remove the scv filters and clean with brake cleaner and blow them out. 2nd sounds like you will need injectors tested prob. bad 1 or. hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

On the fuel pump there are red and green connectors these are the scv valves. sorry thought I typed that.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

please remember to rate my service and accept thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is scv filter? i have also tested all the injectors...
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

I see no input from you. But you are requesting a response. try retyping?

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Sorry browser issue on my end check out you tube for scv valve replacement/cleaning very simple.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my services and accept thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
working on it thanks
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

No problem and keep me posted.Please remember to rate my services and accept. Keep me posted thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not see any filter if i take it out. it is with a grey plug. i will sent you a photo of the scv valve if its the right one...thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i see some sensors on the commonrail. are there filters inside? should i check it
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Sure are take them out and clean them up may cure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok next week i will check it thanks
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good keep me posted and thanks. Please remember to rate my services and accept.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Clean the screens of the scv valves b4 reinstalling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Chad,
i have done every thing you said, but still the same. check engine comes on and engine does not run above 1000rpm with code p1226. i have clean scv valve and the whole common rail. it have some dirt on it and some water. anything else i have to check? thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think it can be the throttle body with all the sensors ? i have try with one , maybe that is also defective . maybe i should try with another one. thanks
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

No not to mind if injectors already done and valves cleaned i would replace valves.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you mean scv valves?
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Yes I do sorry for that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can not find another scv valves to buy, but i noticed if i disconnect the turbo to the intake than it accelerates but but very slowly, event with check engine light on . if everything connected it do not accelerates if check engine light is on after a few seconds . i think i have a bad egr valve sensor too. can this be the problem? any other suggestions ? thanks