Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

2004 cross fire got towed rear tires on the ground abs bas

Customer Question

2004 cross fire got towed rear tires on the ground abs bas and traction lights are now on what happened and how do I fix
Category: Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello sounds to me like the tow truck may have damaged the wiring to the wheel speed sensors. That is the first thing I would check. There is 1 sensor per wheel so look for the black wiring coming from near the wheel bearing / steering knuckle areas and rear wheel carriers. This is common as most toe trucks just throw hooks under the car and don't pay attention. If the wiring looks ok then you need to have the codes scanned with a Mercedes level scan tool and let me know the codes and I can assist further. I say Mercedes level because your car is actually a SLK from Mercedes so regular generic scanners won't work. You need one that can read abs

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

And once you get the codes I can assist further. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rear brakes got very hot don't believe he set the towing mode towed it about a mile
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

There is no tow function. The switch is just for shutting off the tow alarm that sets when the car is raised more than 4 degrees angle. Maybe he had the parking brake set ? That is weird scenario. He towed from the front or back ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Towed from front owners Manu said that when lifted it is like anti theft brakes automatically apply
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Seriously ? Wow. Never heard of that. They don't do that on the Mercedes. And they are the same car. If that's the case the brakes probably got so hot they melted the abs sensors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the anti theft to prevent someone from just picking it up had to reset with code scanner and drive turning it right and left guess to recalab the wheel sensors. Thanks any way