Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I hav a 98 chevorelet S10 2.2lt M/T the air baig is on there

Customer Question

hi there , i hav a 98 chevorelet S10 2.2lt M/T the air baig is on there is 2 code present B1018,1071
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

The B1071 will set whenever there is a malfunction in the system. The B1018 is most likely the reason for that.

.

A short to ground in the inflatable restraint Instrument Panel (IP) module circuit can cause an intermittent condition. A DTC B1018 would be accompanied by DTC B1071.

.

I do not have access to your email address,

I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as allowed.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Let me also say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks