Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

14k miles on car ,drove today 3 miles ,started running

Customer Question
rough, limped it...
14k miles on car ,drove today 3 miles ,started running rough, limped it home ,noticed drivers side exhaust not as much volume as pass side
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/25/2015
Auto Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi I'm Kevin it sounds like you have a missfire ignition coils are very common to fail on these and there was a recall on your model and if not already done should be replaced by bentley free of charge

Although it wasn't misfiring and we didn't have a smell of gasoline, wouldn't the volume of air be the same out of both exhausts whether the ignition coils were bad or not?

If car is running rough it's likely caused by missfire it's not the amount of air you are feeling that's different it's the pressure caused by combustion /incomplete combustion

looked on nhtsa, could not find any recalls for this model. are you sure about your info ?

100%in the uk these were recalled USA ? But the same components are fitted

are you saying there was a recall in uk , but not in usa

In the uk deffinatly (I'm located in the uk ) I don't have the info for USA so I can't say but normally it's across the board the cars were made using the same components regardless as to where they are sold

thank you for your help , i will look at it this week

No worries let me know how you get on

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic