Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2007 Aston db9 volante. The passages side tannau

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Aston Martin db9 volante. The passages side tannau cover unlocks and tries to raise. The other side does nothing. I can lift the unlocked side with no trouble. Other side is still locked. Help
The unlocked passager side show the hydraulic lift near the trunk lid up and the lock rear the back seat unlocked. The other side is down and locked. The dealers service advisor guessed and said I need a new lid motor at $5000. I don't think so, since it is trying to raise the passenger side and would raise both sides I'd the drivers side would unlock
Recently had the rear bumper replaced. The body shop knocked off the relay for the cover motor and it wouldn't raise at all. The dealer reinstalled the relay and it worked a few times fine. I was away for a couple of months, came back and replaced the battery and reset the windows. Everything works as it should except the tannau cover drivers side
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with the latch itself not releasing on the side that isn't working or lifting.I have seen some of these latches fail before in the past needing replaced for issues like this here.I have also seen faulty micro switch/sensors send incorrect signals causing this needing replaced.

If you have not had the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set this needs done.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.A scan tool or computer can also be used to monitor the signals from the latches and sensors to help pinpoint one as an issue here as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I remove the latch when lid won't open. Also does each side have a sensor to tell the latches to unlock? The passenger side unlatches and the coordinating rear lid lift bar also goes up. (Don't know what it's called) any idea where I can get a copy of the factory service manual?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The dealer hooked up to the obd computer and cleared a code involving the gas fuel level, but the said that there were no other codes. What is your home location?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately I do not have the info on how this is released here on your model with it being stuck closed like this.Usually this will require some dealers tools to release and check this latch as well as any other sensors and components.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
open the question to others
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete