Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have a 2010 gtc with about 27,000 miles. it makes a

Customer Question
clicking noise from the front...
i have a 2010 gtc with about 27,000 miles. it makes a clicking noise from the front when i turn at low speeds (out of my driveway, in parking garages, out of parking spaces). my bentley dealer thought it was the brakes. they put no seize on it and told me to drive if for a while and that did not take care of it. i took it to another shop, not Bentley, they said they think its the lower 2 control arms on the front wheels. i am waiting on parts to come in now. do you think thats the problem and if not what do you think it is???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
9/7/2015
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the bushings are worn on the control arms this can cause this fault here.I have also seen issues with wheel bearings in some cases being loose or damaged causing a fault like this as well needing replaced.If the control arms do not correct this here I would ask them to check to see if one of the wheel bearings is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Thanks for your input, I am now waiting to get my car back to the shop. After I do that I can rate you. But thanks in advance, I hope it works.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help when your ready if you like.

Thanks Pete

Are you a Bentley mechanic? Are you familiar with that specific car?

I am not a Bentley mechanic myself but saw that no one else had posted any help with this here so I thought I would see if I can help in any way to get you a response and to see if we can resolve this issue here.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician