Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

92 grand voyager SE 3.3 engine. Headlights come on by

Customer Question

92 grand voyager SE 3.3 engine. Headlights come on by themselves even with engine off. Wiper delay intermittant, ac clutch will not kick in. Dome lights come on intermittantly even with doors all shut. Battery negative to engine and frame. Maybe bcm? I can't physically locate bcm.
Category: Car
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

A bad BCM (located under the right side of the steering column under dash) may indeed cause the issue with the lights and wipers. However, the A/C clutch not kicking in might be another matter. Do you have access to a OBD-I scan tool capable of communicating with the BCM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told you what I thought the problem was and you only agreed. The original article said $18 bucks IF I WAS SATISFIED WITH YOUR ANSWER. I was never given the opportunity to evaluate the answer and was charged the $18 bucks anyway. Well, no more of that crap and I will tell everyone I know to steer clear of this scam. So long.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood both the way the site works, as well as my initial response in which I ask you if you have access to a scan tool that can communicate with the BCM. My intention was to guide you through the necessary procedures to diagnose and solve the issues you list - to that effect, I even pointed you to where the BCM is located.

At this point, I feel I'm not the right person to work with you, so I'll opt out of the question and re-opened to the field. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the question will be reverted to me.

Best Regards.