Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Orange wrench light comes on and lose power stop engine restart

Customer Question

orange wrench light comes on and lose power stop engine restart and power restored
Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 2 years ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
what is the year, make and model of the car???
Roy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2012 ford escape limited v-6
Expert:  Roy replied 2 years ago.
ok, thanks.
the light indicates a problem with the fly by wire system. this is hoe the accelerator works without any cables. it most likely has set a code in the pcm for the area of failure. it could be a failed throttle body, accelerator pedal sensor or wiring. the code will leak us to the area of failure.
you can have the code checked for free from a parts store. then we can narrow down the are of failure.
also, call your dealer and give them your vin and check and see if there is any warranty left on the vehicle. it may be covered under warranty
Roy