nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Recently bought a 2003 Land Rover Discovery. It's been

Customer Question

Recently bought a 2003 Land Rover Discovery. It's been sitting for a few years because the owner says it "locked out." Following some forums... I was able to apply power to the vehicle via a spare battery and running a positive lead to the starter cable.
This resulted in the alarm going off BUT no sound from the horn. Just the hazard lights flashing non stop. While applying power, I had a friend use the key to unlock the truck but this did not work. He then tried to manually unlock the vehicle using the key
and this did not work either. During that time, the alarm lights would trip and turn off every minute or so (typical alarm intervals). After trying for about 10 minutes we gave that up. The previous owner had broken the rear quarter window to gain access.
So, I decided to crawl in and pop the hood. Once that opened, we changed the battery to new one. This triggered the same "alarm" response. Still without any sound. I then tried to unlock it with the key remote and still nothing. (Alarm is still going on and
off). I put the key in the ignition and tried to start the truck with no response. The dash lights and everything else work when I turn the key to on position. Then just no reaction when I turn to start position. The windows rolled down, the radio works and
A/C blows but no start AND the doors still would not unlock. I tried the door unlock button on the dash board with no reaction either. I have read about a EKA code but I do not have this from the previous owner. I am trying to get this from the dealer but
the car has not been transferred to my name yet. I cannot transfer until I get a safety inspection and so on... Anyway, is there a way to bypass this alarm or a sequence to fix this issue without taking it to the dealer which is quite far away? I have read
the EKA sequence but will that fix the immobilizer? If it made a difference, the hood was open the whole time when I tried to start with the key. But my friend did hold down the button on the left side of the engine compartment. I'm also reading about an inertia
switch on the fire wall which I have not tried.
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
I'm afraid there is no way of bypassing the immobilizer, unless you use the EKA code. (you input it using the key mechanically).
This procedure disables the immobilizer and enables the engine to start (if no other problems are present).
You only need to provide some form of ownership and the dealer should give you the EKA.
The intertia fuel cut off would not cause all this.
Before getting to dealer, you might want to try to replace the battery in the key fob.
Kindly get back to me if further assistance is needed on this.
Regards,
Billy