Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I broke me key fob on my 2003 discovery and can't undo the…

Customer Question
I broke me key fob...
I broke me key fob on my 2003 discovery and can't undo the alarm. I disconnected the horn but I'm stuck
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 day by:
7/12/2015
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming you have only factory security since you mentioned disconnecting the horn.
Factory security should also disarm when unlocking a door manually with the key. There will be disarm switches that send a signal when the doors are unlocked manually and it will disarm security provided everything is working correctly.
If it won't disarm from the driver's door then also try the passenger door, it's possible for the switches to fail.