Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Suzuki SX4: I have a misfire code being set on my 2008 suzuki

Customer Question

I have a misfire code being set on my 2008 suzuki sx4. sometimes it is on 1or2 or 3 or4. I can replicate it after clearing the code by driving the car and pressing the throttle about halfway. The light will start flashing and it will set the misfire code. The car has a noticeable lack of power and dies at idle a lot. I have replaced the spark plugs and have checked the coil packs. The misfire is different each time. What next? How do I check the fuel system? Could it be fuel related. The car has 120000 miles.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still having the misfire code and the driveability issues with this. I work during the day so cannot check this as often as I would like. This is not an urgent thing, but would like to get it resolved soon. I can set the code by depressing the throttle half to three -quarters and holding it there. The car will start to hesitate then the code is set. I believe I am looking for a fuel issue at this point. Am I wrong, and where do I start? I have put a can of strong fuel systems cleaner in it roughly 45 miles ago. I have no idea if the filter has been changed recently as I have just purchased this car. Thanks
Checking the fuel pressure next is a good step. You would do this with a T fitting inline at the fuel supply hose to the fuel injectors. Not so much checking pressure, more so just seeing if the pressure is dropping below 25 psi when this misfire starts to occur and when under more throttle. How did you verify the coils are good? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris