Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2003 Pont Montana AWD. 150,000 miles. Won't start. When key

Customer Question

2003 Pont Montana AWD. 150,000 miles. Won't start. When key in start position, there are no sounds. Dash lights dim a little. Battery is fully charged. All electrical connections between batt and starter are clean and tight. All fuses that are marked "ign" are good. With key in run position and starter jumped to battery, engine turn over but will not start. What am I missing here? Are there safeties somewhere that could be the issue?
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  Don Knight replied 2 years ago.
At the ignition switch check for power at the red/white wire.If you have power there next check for power on the yellow wire when you turn the key to the start position.If you dont have power there then the ignition switch is defective.If you have power at the yellow wire next check the pcm/crank fuse in the right i/p fuse block.Please let me know what you find and we can go from there,Don