Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Marcedes 320e: 1995 mecderes 320e cam timming marks

Customer Question
1995 mecderes 320e cam timming...
1995 mecderes 320e cam timming marks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
7/5/2015
Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Hi, Proceeding workCylinder head cover removed. See: Valve Cover > ProceduresFan shroud and fan shroud ring removed. See: Fan Shroud > ProceduresChecking basic position of camshafts1. Position cylinder 1 to ignition TDC.To do this, rotate crankshaft until the TDC marking on the vibration damper and the TDC pointer (arrow) are aligned.2. 4 mm diameter holes in the camshaft flanges (arrows) must touch the top edge of the cylinder head, except at AMG engines.Insert pins (1) into holes (arrows) for this step. (SEE ATTACHED DIAGRAM)CAUTION: Camshaft adjuster must be in "retarded" position.Inlet camshaft rotated in opposite direction of rotation of engine.Inlet camshaft sprocket rotated in direction of rotation of engine as far as the stop! Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager