nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Hilux Hilux: My 1986 Hilux diesel ute 65 litres was accidently

Customer Question

My 1986 Hilux diesel ute 65 litres was accidently filled with 13.2 litres of unleaded fuel, I filled it with diesel immeditaly is there any cause for worry ?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I was coned again .......................$48. Ok got me.
Expert:  nabilc replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Around 10% of petrol with the diesel will not cause any harm.
However, you have more like 20% of petrol within the tank. Most likely, this will not cause any damage (some hesitation maybe, till the tank is empty).
To be on the safe side, i would empty the tank, and then fill half of it with clean diesel, and add the other half from the mixture you just emptied. This way, we will be sure that nothing is wasted, and will have nothing to worry about.
Kindly get back to me if further assistance is needed.
Regards,
Billy