Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

SUV would not go in reverse. Parked front forward in parking…

Customer Question
SUV would not go in...
SUV would not go in reverse. Parked front forward in parking space, so tow truck towed it to a repair shop. Two days later, shop says it needs ECU. Couple days later, go pick up. Driver's door opens funny. Get in, close door, and there's a one INCH wide "daylight" gap at top of the door, as if someone tried to close the door with something blocking closure at the top, bending it outwards (or tried to pry it open from the top of the door, or ???)
Either tow truck or repair shop caused damage (or allowed it to happen in their possession), but no one is fessing up. How could this type of damage even have occurred? Ever seen this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car
7/1/2015
Auto Mechanic: nabilc,
 replied 3 years ago
nabilc
Hello and Welcome!
I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry.
Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

This most likely is someone trying to open the door. The most likely reason would be loosing the keys, or forgetting them inside the vehicle. This most likely happened with the shop, as they had the vehicle for a much longer period, long enough to loose the keys (temporarily). There are always other possibilities, but this is the most likely given the damage we see.

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/