Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Maserati Quartroporte: Car drove through water stalled will

Customer Question

Car drove through water stalled will not start EPB failure. What might be the problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
It is possible the engine sucked in some water into the air intake.This can damage the engine internally and cause this.
I have also seen electrical connectors and electrical components become wet with fuel and cause issues and had to replace or clean the affected component.
To find out the best way what has happened here first have the fault codes checked as most likely a code will be set that will point in the right direction.Then inspect all electrical wiring and components in the engine bay that may have become wet that will need dried out or replaced.I would check and see if any water entered the engine as the engine may need repair internally.
Thanks Pete