cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

C1500 chevy: i replaced a head gasket on a 1990 c1500 and now

Customer Question

i replaced a head gasket on a 1990 c1500 and now it wont start. we have checked timing and spark and fuel more than once.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 years ago.
The thing you need to do now is check for compression on the head if you don't Have compression it won't start
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i checked that as well and nothing. i just went to confirm the work because it was actually a technician that works for me. i am at a loss. because theres compression and all it appears as though he did everything correctly. All i really know is it drove in and now wont start. the only thing i notice wrong is that the rotor is not facing cylinder one however using an inspection mark i verified tdc and the rotor will not face cylinder 1
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 years ago.
Dose the vechicle turn over at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no. It cranks but no start. i can smell fuel horribly and everything else has been checked. its almost 1am and im seriously about to have a car-b-q.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 years ago.
Have you used a timing light to verify timing it is possible the timing marks are wrong
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i have to wait till tomorrow for that because mine was burnt by an old tech. but i did use an inspection camera to verify tdc and it still wont sit at cylinder 1
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 years ago.
Do you Have Skype that way we could do a video chat might be able to help you out more if I could see and here it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no but i can download it to my phone. what would a good time be. i need to go home and sleep for awhile before i hurt myself or the pickup. then if possible i can upgrade to the skype as soon as i get into the shop around 11 am my time
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 years ago.
That will be fine just message me when you get in and we will get it figured out I have already sent you the service offer