Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2001 range rover . bank one not firing at idle . 4.6 . coil

Customer Question
changed . crank cam sensor...
2001 range rover . bank one not firing at idle . 4.6 . coil changed . crank cam sensor changed plugs and wires changed .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
6/11/2015
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
were is my answer to question /????
Hi This should be easy to determine what is wrong since 1/2 the engine is not contributing at idle. We need to remove a plug and wire and verify the dead cylinders are getting spark, then use a noid light to conform the injectors are getting a pulse. If your missing one then the computer is to blame. If they are good then its a variable cam timing issue, possibly from low oil flow and pressure. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
you don't know how this motor works 50 year old design push rod motor
The cam timing is controlled through oil pressure to the lash adjusters. Low pressure and the valves would not open as far because the adjusters would be collapsed.
it has lifters push rods its a 65 olds block and one side is not firing
Sorry I do not work on 1965 year model vehicles. I will opt out. I thought this was a 2001 range rover.
your no mechanic . the engine in a 2000 range rover is based on a 65 olds aluminum block engine , a push rod and lifter design . central cam timing chain do your research . no happy wasted time and money
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician