Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Suzuki grand vitara: 99 suzuki grand vitara ,wont start,cheaked…

Customer Question
99 suzuki grand vitara ,wont...
99 suzuki grand vitara ,wont start,cheaked fuel pump its not comming on but works, freind said it was crank position senser
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car
6/5/2015
Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse , compression and proper fuel pressure (38 to 44 PSI). If you can check each on of these for me and post back with which one your are missing I can direct you in the steps to correct this problem.
fuil pump good,but does not come on . injectors good,but no pulse, sparkplugs and coils good , but no spark. Motor turn over,everthing works except motor
Are you working on the 2.5 engine?
yes,99 suzuki grand vitata*****2.5
The cam sensor is the main input for spark and injector and in most cases if you do not have spark and injector pulse you either have a bad sensor and or the circuit to it. Start first with making sure the cam is turning and the timing belt is okay and if so check the sensor. To check it, turn the key on and with the Cam Position sensor unplugged look for B+ on the Black/Blue, ground on the Green/Yellow, 5V references on the Yellow/Green (REF) and Yellow/Black (POS).