Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Susuki ferenza: Whats the of a engine that does not rev up

Customer Question

Whats the of a engine that does not rev up when accelerating
Submitted: 2 years ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello
I'm assuming that this is the petrol engine so I'd say this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.
If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hi
do you still need help?