Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Susuki ferenza: Whats the of a engine that does not rev up…

Customer Question
Whats the of a engine...
Whats the of a engine that does not rev up when accelerating
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car
6/2/2015
Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Matt, Engineer
Hello
I'm assuming that this is the petrol engine so I'd say this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.
If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.
Hi
do you still need help?