Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I live in Dallas TX. I want to replace my current car with…

Customer Question
I live in Dallas TX...
I live in Dallas TX. I want to replace my current car with a newer used car. I am moving to Denver Co ssoon. Is it better to buy a used car that has been used in the higher altitude or will a Texas car be OK?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car
5/28/2015
Auto Mechanic: Clayso, Master Automobile Technician replied 3 years ago
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
Different altitudes from TX to CO are going to be the amount of oxygen in the air. Higher altitudes equal less oxygen. A vehicle purchased in TX and relocated to CO would maybe need a tune up to adjust to the difference. Outside of a tune up replacing the o2' may help. Oxygen sensors can be replaced as a preventive maintenance item also. The link below is an interesting read on replacing o2's as a maintenance item.
http://tinyurl.com/83yet6l
Road salt is the issue you should really worry about. Vehicles from Texas would have a lot less rust than any vehicles in parts of the country where the roads are salted during the winter.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks so much.
Thanks for the reply good advise.
You're very welcome. I'm glad to help.
Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner
Thanks so much.