Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Fiat 500C: Engine light has just come on, sometimes it flashes

Customer Question
Engine light has just come...
Engine light has just come on, sometimes it flashes ...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
5/19/2015
Auto Mechanic: Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer replied 2 years ago
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.
Is it the warning light that looks like an engine, or the triangle with an explanation point in it. The light that looks like an engine tells you that the onboard diagnostic system has spotted a problem. You should have a code reader attached to it, and see what the codes are if that light is coming on. Most larger auto parts stores will do this for no charge. It promotes loyalty and helps them sell parts. The triangle light can mean anything from an oil change is due to more serious problem. If it was mine I would have it checked out ASAP. When you find out if the problem is maintenance, or something that needs repairs you can work out when to get the problem resolved. Oh, and don't forget to check the oil. Low oil can trigger lights. If you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.
I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer