Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Ran fine..a few palces sucessfully, but now it wont start..same thing
Joe
Joe, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
We just purchased a 1975 International Scout Rallye. It ran fine when we brought it home and took it a few palces sucessfully, but now it won't start. It did the same thing the other day, but after I … read more
1980 Jeep: : Well first off I have a 1976 International Scout II..ih
Marc
Marc, fleet supervisor
Was there a repair manual ever made for international Scout II's? Optional Information: Pre-1980 Jeep Scout II 345 Already Tried: Well first off I have a 1976 International Scout II. I chose jeep beca… read more
I have a 1969 International Scout that has been restored in
James, Bachelors degree automotive technology with minor in diesel
Hi Everyone, I have a 1969 International Scout that has been restored in the last 10 years. Recently I have been experiencing electrical problems and trying to figure out if they are all related or ho… read more
i have a 1979 international scout, 345 cubic inch engine...i
carmaster
carmaster, Technician supervisor, mechanic,
i have a 1979 international scout, 345 cubic inch engine...i just rebuilt carborator, scout was running okay before, now black sout exhaust and won't idle. when i press the gas it sputters instead of … read more
1976 porsche 911: car is warm, it starts right up.
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1976 porsche 912e. When it is cold out or I have not started it in a while, it is very hard to start. When the car is warm, it starts right up. What should I look for to fix this problem??… read more
2003 Montana: We are very concerned about the lifter noise (
goodwrench9124
goodwrench9124, Lead Tech/ Shop Leader
We recently purchased a 2003 Montana with a 3.4 engine. We are very concerned about the lifter noise (very strong) when it is cold on the morning. However, people telling us that is normal which we he… read more
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited: Curb..rpms..my local..diagnostic
Matt Kesler
Matt Kesler, Business Owner/Law Student
I recently purchased a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Edition. Curb idle seems high, 800 rpms. I took it to my local Jeep dealer and he ran a diagnostic and said everything was fine. My wife usually… read more
4.2 liter amc motor with 60k original miles..instantly..idles
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
Hello, this is a great service you offer and I hope that you can help. I have a '72 international scout with a 4.2 liter AMC motor with 60k original miles. The scout runs fine until it gets warmed up,… read more
The rear suspension when parked..compressor..car back
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
I recently purchased a high miler 2000 LS. The car settles down on the rear suspension when parked overnight and a (the) compressor runs after start up for approx. 45 seconds to bring the car back to … read more
Rx-7: Turbo..short drive..1st and 2nd gears..manual tranny
fix it right
fix it right, shop foreman, senior tech
I recently purchased a 87 Turbo Rx-7 that ran very well, my son and his friends took it for a short drive and now the transmission will only shift into 1st and 2nd gears, is there a history of problem… read more
The car is idling in neutral, as I depress the clutch..accelerator
Gary Robinson
Gary Robinson, Garage owner / MOT tester
I took delivery of a 2004 Fiat yesterday (02/12/08) and I think that there is something wrong with the clutch. When the car is idling in neutral, as I depress the clutch there is a change in the sound… read more
Mitsubishi Eclipse: the V6 & the 4 cylinder engines..premium gas
Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
my wife and I have recently become very excited of our intention to purchase an Mitsubishi Eclipse! I have a question regarding the V6 & the 4 cylinder engines and type of fuel. Can the V6 use regular… read more
Pickup: a 6-cyl engine that has been sitting for 15yrs
supertech
supertech, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I recently purchased an international pickup with a 6-cyl engine that has been sitting for 15yrs. Any suggestions on how to free it??… read more
When the car is first started and slow driving to begin,
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
When the car is first started and slow driving to begin, there is a high pitched squeeling noise … read more
2003 Cadillac DTS: 100 miles..freeway..speeds..the engine temp needle
Dan, Automotive Technician
I have a 2003 Cadillac DTS that I recently purchased. I took in on a road trip this weekend where the road temp was 100-105 degrees. About a 100 miles into the trip traveling freeway speeds the engine… read more
dump truck..automatic transmission..truck runs great..year/ model
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I recently purchased a 1996 International 4700 dump truck with a Dt466 engine and an automatic transmission. The truck runs great, but has no power. I've a friend with the same truck and he says that … read more
I have a recently purchased 03 Hummer H2 and the spare tire carrier
NicksSticks
NicksSticks, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a recently purchased 03 Hummer H2 and the spare tire carrier is VERY stiff despite 2 attempts to correct by greesing well.… read more
Galant: drove..shudder..tyre..accelerating and decelerating found it
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
I have recently purchased a 1999 VR4 Galant that I drove to my home town over the Christmas break (travelled about 1900klms) and it developed a shudder in the last 300klms. First of all it seemed like… read more