Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Pete, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
My car doors..door it wont shut..closed position and i..popped
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
My car doors were frozen shut and i got them defrosted so i went to start the car this morning and when i went to shut the door it wont shut. The latch is stuck in the closed position and i can not mo… read more
1990 Silverado 2500: door open..Also, the door wont close
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
Can anyone tell me how to install the door hinge on a 1990 Silverado 2500 in plain and simple terms. It's the one that holds the door open. Also, the door won't close completely and it's very frustrat… read more
door it wont stay and is loose..locking mechanism..it wont shut
cardoctor69
cardoctor69, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
When I shut the door it wont stay and is loose. I thought the locking mechanism needed to be reset but I tried and still it wont shut. Its cold here when it happened, under 30F.… read more
1989 Cadillac Fleetwood: car door..is manually popped..latch
Jim Chill
Jim Chill, High School or GED
Once the car door on a 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood is manually popped open will the door then be able to close and latch?… read more
Honda Accord: the trigger shut so now the door wont close..release
mrrowland1
mrrowland1, Co-Owner/Az Mobile Reflash and Diagnosti
While the door of my Honda Accord was open my son must have pushed the "trigger" shut so now the door won't close. I don't know how to release it.… read more
2001 chrysler: minivan..sliding door..door wont shut auto
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto Mechanic
my 2001 chrysler town and country minivan passenger rear sliding door wont shut auto matically and it is near impossible to shut by hand… read more
my truck..electric key wont open it, wont even click,,,key put
All Makes
All Makes, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
my trunck is stuck closed. door release will not open it,,,will not even click, electric key wont open it, won't even click,,,key put into trunk will not turn,,,cannot squeeze the manual release on th… read more
2012 Range Rover HSE. Back top glass hatch keeps popping
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
2012 Range Rover HSE. Back top glass hatch keeps popping open, close it, it unlatches again. Close repeat, close repeat until certain gradual insanity rears its ugly head. Literally—-It's slowly drivi… read more
My sunroof wont open or close, the motor funcions and it
cloe0626
cloe0626, auto mechanic
Customer: my sunroof wont open or close, the motor funcions and it sounds to me like something has just come undone as i have been driving on some pretty bumby roads of late. … read more
doors are closed..stays..and the interior lites stay on.
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Automotive Technician/Asst Service Manag
wher is the swich that goes out when the doors are closed. mine stays on and says the door is jarred. and the interior lites stay on. i have a 1997 ford expedition… read more
The sun roof won't close. It is either fully open or in the
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
Second opinion] The sun roof won't close. It is either fully open or in the pop-up position.… read more
1992 toyota corolla: back doors wont open..manual door locks.
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I have a 1992 toyota corolla and the back doors won't open. Any clue as to what it is. It has manual door locks.… read more
2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette: electric..stay closed..closed possition
Pete, Technician
the back door on our 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette is electric and it will not stay closed. It goes to the closed possition and then opens back up. I have tryed to assisted. I have checked for all possib… read more
Glove box door will not stay closed - plastic prongs will
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
Glove box door will not stay closed - plastic prongs will not stay out to keep it shut. 2015 Santa Fe … read more
If the passenger front door is opened the door ajar light will not shut off after closing
Mike, Proprieter / Diagnostic Technician
If the passenger front door is opened the door ajar light will not shut off after closing the door.… read more
light stays..doors are closed and the automatic locks keep going..dome
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
The open door light stays on even when all doors are closed and the automatic locks keep going on and off while driving and making the dome like come on and stay on, but when i open and close the pass… read more
My car door will not shut because the little latch..pry..budge
Nathan Sorenson
Nathan Sorenson, High School or GED
my car door will not shut because the little latch is staying closed and i have tried to pry it up but it will not budge… read more
1995 Jeep Cherokee: rear door..wont stay open..hydrolics
vipertech763
vipertech763, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
The rear door on my 1995 Jeep Cherokee won't stay open. Something seems to be wrong with the hydrolics. Is there any way to repair this without it costing me a fortune, due to the year of the automobi… read more