Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
car has no problem starting up right away if it hasnt been sitting
.......
......., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My car has begun to take longer to start up recently. I notice that when I turn the ignition it takes longer for the engine to catch. The thing is I also noticed that the car has no problem starting u… read more
toyota hilux: have a 93 hilux 22r engine hard to start when
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
have a 93 hilux 22r engine hard to start when cold & misfires under load, even stalls when hot. have replaced dis cap & rotor leads are 2 years old. hope you can help mike… read more
BMW 540i: parked..she sits the longer it cranks before she fires up
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
I Have a BMW 540i 2001 and the last couple of days when it has been parked for a while it takes longer for it to fire up. The longer she sits the longer it cranks before she fires up. Any thoughts as … read more
Toyota hilux: I have a 2006 Toyota hilux 4x4 diesel with 87000
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
I have a 2006 Toyota hilux 4x4 diesel with 87000 km when I start it in the morning it makes a terrible nocking noise under acceleration until it heats up, then the noise disappears ciao Vinnie… read more
2000 Mazda MPV: 000 miles..eng..was going to stall.
James Boudreau
James Boudreau, Shop Owner
2000 Mazda MPV has 100,000 miles is taking a little longer to start up. Recently came to a stop and thought the eng. was going to stall. Then the check eng. light came on. The code reads: P1173 A/F Mi… read more
My Hyundai has been taking longer than normal to start now
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
My Hyundai has been taking longer than normal to start now it won't I'm wondering if it could be the battery. Any thoughts? … read more
I have a 2004 Toyota Prius and I have been told the large
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
I have a 2004 Toyota Prius and I have been told the large battery is no longer maintaining a charge.However, before I put in the $ 3000 to replace the battery, I would like to know a couple of items.I… read more
2001 Mazda Tribute: V6...having problems starting.
RCV AUTO REPAIR LLC
RCV AUTO REPAIR LLC, mecanic/owner
I have a 2001 Mazda Tribute. V6. It has been having problems starting. Especially in extreme cold. It cranks fine but not start. I gave it carb cleaner through the air intake and nothing changed.. It … read more
Toyota hilux: I have a 2003 hilux 4x4 diesel it is going ok
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
I have a 2003 hilux 4x4 diesel it is going ok but runs rough when idle sometimes doesn't do it all the time.… read more
Toyota hilux: I have a LN106 Hilux 1995 dual cab 4wd. It has
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
I have a LN106 Hilux 1995 dual cab 4wd. It has recently developed a clunking rattle that seems to be coming from the front end somewhere. It was happening in second and third gear now only in third ge… read more
Toyota YN63 hilux 4runner: I have a 4y hilux 4runner which
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
I have a 4y hilux 4runner which I cannot get to pump fuel. I have removed the fuel pump from the block and worked the lever by hand and it seems to be working, I have blown back through the fuel line … read more
2003 Hyundai Sonata: V6..accelerating and..idling..engine light came
Joe
Joe, Shop supervisor
I have a 2003 Hyundai Sonata (2.7L V6) with 108,000 miles and recently it has been running rough when accelerating and when idling. The check engine light came on and trouble codes read P1167 and P030… read more
89 trooper: cold starts..the idle will go hi and lo and it takes to
David, owner
i have a 89 trooper .on cold starts ,or when its been off for a while . the idle will go hi and lo and it takes to long for it to warm up.… read more
2002 Hyundai Sonata: with 98,000 miles..few seconds..my fuel..starter
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
I have a 2002 Hyundai Sonata with 98,000 miles. Lately, it has been taking a few seconds longer to start up. Could it be my fuel ignition or starter is going out? If so, approximately how much is it t… read more
toyota: 2003 hilux dual cab 3.4 l v6. Has lack of power over
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
2003 hilux dual cab 3.4 l v6. Has lack of power over 2000 rpm, have changed fuel filter, old one was very dirty. Vehicle makes cakle type sound on back off above 2000rpm like gasping for air. Possibly… read more
hyundai tiburon: klms..Clutch has failed..is a Dual Plate flywheel
Towerpower
Towerpower, Shop Foreman
I have a 07 Hyundai tibruon that has done about 78000 klms. I have been told the Clutch has failed. This is a Dual Plate flywheel that will cost $4000 to fix. This seems firstly unrealistic and also t… read more
Toyota Hilux surf: Hello, I have a 1996 Toyota Hilux surf 3L
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
Hello, I have a 1996 Toyota Hilux surf 3L turbo diesel 4x4 the car has broken down twice in the past week RACQ said it was sucking air in the fuel possibly from the depression pump or from the line so… read more
Toyota hilux duel cab: ok I have a 2012 Toyota hilux duel cab
cloe0626
cloe0626, auto mechanic
ok I have a 2012 Toyota hilux duel cab ute and my inbuilt gps seems to be stuck on the loading screen with the safety agreement where you have to click I agree, I have tried removing the sd card turni… read more