Chris
Chris, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a Master Certified ASE technician. ASE Certs A1-A9 & L1. I have been a general auto repair tech for over 18 years.
75498108

Dodge: Good morning. I wonder if someone might find me a reliable

Good morning. I wonder if someone might find me a reliable online source (with link) for a Power Puck Programmer for a (this is ALL the info I have on the vehicle) 1999 Dodge 24 valve Cummins. The least expensive the better. And if you could take a moment to explain what this is, I'd truly appreciate it. Thank You!

Hello and welcome back. I will try and assist you with your question.

HERE is the official web site for your programmer.

HERE is about the best price I have found. It may be possible to find a cheaper one on Ebay but I do not suggest buying a used one.

The power puck installs between various sensors on the engine. It takes the input from some sensors and "adjust" the output signal to the PCM. Then takes the PCM outputs and "adjust" them to the engine. This will change the fuel and timing curves to increase horsepower and torque.