Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Mitsubishi Outlander XLS: Hi Doug - I just bought a 2007 Outlander

Hi Doug - I just bought a 2007 Outlander XLS with the nav, satellite radio, and rear seat entertainment system. The radio doesn't play for more than a couple seconds at a time - it just "clips" in and out. Can't access the songs that are already stored in the memory either. It shows that they are playing, but there is no sound. Is there an unlock code I need to know, or is this a big problem that I need to get diagnostics run on? (No owner's manual in the car when I bought it...)
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is a problem only with not having any sound but the functions of the entertainment systems are operating properly this sounds to be a possible internal electrical failure with the sound/audio amplifier itself if this is factory installed and not an after market system installed.

I have seen many sound amps fail in the past and cause a no sound issue like this here and had to replace it to correct this fault.

If you are having issues with more then just sound acting up here and/or if this is an after market system installed in this vehicle let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is the factory installed navigation, CD, satellite radio, rear DVD system, and bluetooth system with the upgraded speakers. I guess I'd better get it to a Mitsu dealer and have them check it out.
O.k.,if this is just a sound issue with no sound coming out of the speakers when using any of these components most common is a failed sound amplifier needing replaced.I have run into this several times and had to replace sound amplifiers to correct this issue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help when your ready.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete