Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 2002 land rover freelander,v 6 engine.I was working

I have a 2002 land rover freelander,v 6 engine.I was working on the valve body of automatic gear box.The trouble i have is of failing to locate cables to solenoids,because they are 9 cables of different colors and 9 solenoids.kindly assist me with the picture of a valve and color codes per solenoids.
best regards peter

Ok, here you go. below is wiring diagram showing wire colors and which solenoids they go to. below that is diagram showing the solenoid locations and which they are

graphic

graphic

To make it a bit easier, here is diagram with solenoid name and location and I labeled the wire color to each

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS A LOT,ERIC,FOR A GOOD ANSWER.CHANGE YOUR PHOTO.I AM SCARED.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXX

Sorry,kindly assist me with a valve body for a land rover freelander,with single colors to the solenoids.The one i have has single colors.on mine,5 is white 6 is black.at the same time,help me with a clear wiring on a valve body.Thanks a lot.

Best regards peter

HI,

I show white to the vehicle speed sensor and black to the intermediate speed sensor.

I dont show a clear wire though. let me check another wiring diagram source
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks,what i mean by saying clear wiring,is the cables on the valve body.how they move to solenoids.they are not clear enough.just on the valve body.

bst regards peter

HI,

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Look at 4 and 8 cables.they are not clear

HI,

Their routing or which terminal they go into on the retangular connector for all the wires?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.some of the wires are not clear,to the connector and my color codes are not the same with yours.valve body you sent is okay.kindly help.

best regards.

HI,

Ok, let me pull up the connector view and post it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks.can u now assist me with wiring on the valve body.if you look at 4 and 8,at some point they are running on each other,so i can't know where some wires are going to.kindly separate them well for me,so that they look clear.just on the valve body.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, My problem is on the wires,within the valve body.make them clear for me.

bst regards peter

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear eric,

I am now surprised,with the way you are responding.any way i can't understand now.may be its not you answering.because when you look at 4 and 8,on you diagram.at some point they look like one cable.can you kindly please separate some wires so that i see properly.We are relying on you.

Best regards peter.

HI,

There are no other diagrams from Landrover showing the valve body and its wiring. I will try a paint program to see if I can erase the wiring one at a time and leave just one wire showing, but no promises on this as I dont know if the program will do this without erasing everything else

HI,

Ok, trying to erase just the lines doesnt work and we end up with a diagram that you cant make out the solenoids. So I used different colors(not the correct wiring diagram colors, just ones on my program) to highlight the routing of each. See if this is easier to see how they are routed.

HI,

I think the problem may be that the one diagram from Landrover shows the connector as rectangular and one shows it as round. Is your connector round or rectangular?

If round, let me know and I will try to combine the 2 diagrams into one where the wires are coming from their correct location in the round diagram to the solenoids
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Eric,

Thank you very much,for this last diagram you have sent with colors.you have made our day.though its night here.Thank you.I am happy now.Yahhhhh

BEST REGARDS PETER NGOLOFWANA.ZAMBIA