Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2003 range rover suspenion and abs light comes on when i put

my 24 inch wheels on...
2003 range rover suspenion and abs light comes on when i put my 24 inch wheels on and suggestion to reslove the prolem without taking the off
11/10/2013
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

with the 24 inch wheels on the vehicle will the speedometer be reading the wrong speed ?

and when the stock wheels are on its fine ?

i never had stock wheels and i dont know about reading the wrong speed.

can you tell me the codes in the ABS computer ?

do you know the codes ?

no because its say inactive suspension and abs then itll go off. i took it to a tech and i drove it home no light but yesterday it came back.I dont know the code its readind underneath the information speed clusters

if those wheels are any different size either smaller or larger than the stock circumference of the stock wheel and tire size what will have to be done to correct the problem is the computer sent out and recalibrated for the tire size difference as the computer is reading the wheels at a different speed than its calibrated for stock

this link here is one of the best that can do this for you

give them a call and they should be able to recalibrate the programing in the computer for you

http://autocomputerperformance.com/chevygm.html

how much do you think this wil cost

they usually run @ $ 75 to $ 100 give or take

give them a call and see if they can help you with the calibration

theyre ok with a range rover and thank you very much

they should be

give them a call worse case they can not do it but will know what company can do the range rover computers

Gary
Gary, Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician