Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
96 Eagle Talon, 153,000 miles--last dtc was a misfire on cylinder 4
John, MASTER AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
What would be the top 3 reasons for the OBD2 EVAP monitor not being ready after a reasonable amount of cycle time? 96 Eagle Talon, 153,000 miles--last DTC was a misfire on cylinder 4, hasn''t occurred… read more
2011 Dodge ram 5.7. Cranks but wont start. No sign of
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Master Service Technician
2011 Dodge ram 5.7. Cranks but wont start. No sign of firing. Truck was dropped recently after being shipped on car hauler. Started fine on back of hauler upon arrival. Drove it off the rear of hauler… read more
Quick question my car being tested for oil consumption,
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
Hello Pearl, quick question my car being tested for oil consumption, after the*****and 500 after oil check, I take to dealer ship to check oil level, technician pulls out dip stick looks at it and say… read more
Problems?? and is there any fix if there is gas in the coolant system
DBranch
DBranch, Technician
would that be the reason that you can go for days without any problems and then have problems?? and is there any fix if there is gas in the coolant system.… read more
2004 Mazda 3: drained..It is not a bad battery, alternator or starter
JerryG
JerryG, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2004 Mazda 3 and the battery is being drained. It is not a bad battery, alternator or starter. Any other suggestions of what could be draining my battery… read more
The following, boxer engine with 120k loses a oil drain plug
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
Any thoughts on the following, boxer engine with 120k loses a oil drain plug, Would this damage the engine?… read more
rodeo: highway..cars..antifreeze in, my ac blows hot as well
.......
......., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
my rodeo smokes after being on the highway, ive never changed the oil( just got it used) and i would like to do the maintenance things that i need to do.i know the oil needs to be changed and all.but … read more
Subaru: i drained my transmission fluid..pan..flow
Jerry, Master Mechanic
i drained my transmission fluid in my subaru. the pan is empty but it will not allow me to put any fluid in. all it does is over flow from where i am putting it in. any info is good info much apprecia… read more
1998 buick lesabre custom: sedan..v6..3.8 engine radiator fluid
Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, GM Service Training
radiator fluid engine drain plug location 1998 buick lesabre custom 4 dr sedan v6 3.8 engine radiator fluid drain plugs location… read more
1999 Mazda Protege: began downshifting..highway speed to idle
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
1999 Mazda Protege. Began downshifting for no reason. After that, the engine would go from highway speed to idle and back again repeatedly. It would return to normal speed faster if I let off the thro… read more
range rover..reason why the abs light would not come..rotors needed
carmaster
carmaster, Technician supervisor, mechanic,
2004 range rover. Would there be any reason why the abs light would not come on if the breaks wore down so badly the rotors needed to be replaced. Sensor was checked and is good? Just purchased this v… read more
Startup after sitting overnight, after 30 seconds of massive smoke it
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
the engine smokes a lot on startup after sitting overnight, after 30 seconds of massive smoke it stop smoking and does not smoke anymore. what causes this… read more
Drained..the mechanic that i use is saying that the alternator is
MikeD'
MikeD', Diagnostic Technician
my battery is being drained all the time and the mechanic that i use is saying that the alternator is fine is their any other causes for this problem… read more
92 olds 88 royale: 3.8l..overheats..the radiator..coolant
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
92 olds 88 royale 3.8l engine. engine overheats. for some reason water is being drawn from the radiator into the coolant recovery tank then the engine overheats. i replaced the themostat and radiator … read more
2001 Jeep Grand cherokee: drained..dashboard gages..keys were pulled
DCM
DCM, Automotive Master Tech
I own a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD. Recently the power was being drained, the dashboard gages would click and make a humming noise when the keys were pulled from the ignition. I replaced the battery… read more
The car vents, and when we opened the hood no smoke was coming out
Bob
Bob, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
What are some reasons my car would be smoking on the inside coming in through the car vents, and when we opened the hood no smoke was coming out?… read more
Lincoln navigator: 000 miles..spits..white smoke after being cranked
DoctorD
DoctorD, Retired Auto Shop Owner
my 01 lincoln navigator with 110,000 miles, spits out a cloud of white smoke after being cranked after a long trip or have been sitting for a while. what could it be? or should I start using thicker w… read more
My XG300 has something draining the battery. The problem
mike
mike, Bmw master tech 9 years
My XG300 has something draining the battery. The problem started with the alarm going off for no reason and after the car sat for 4 days (I was on vacation) the battery was drained. I recharged it and… read more