Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
put a new head on it and set the timing...reverse or drive it dies
mANNY GUINDIN
mANNY GUINDIN, mechanic
i have a 1991 talon tsi fwd. i just put a new head on it and set the timing. when i start the car it runs really rough, and when i put it into reverse or drive it dies. what do you think this could be… read more
1999 mercury cougar: you start thats been setting..new battery
Tony Pummill
Tony Pummill, supervisor-printing company
how do you start thats been setting for a year and a half 1999 mercury cougar Optional Information: 1999 Mercury ougar 2.5 v6 Already Tried: new battery new gas… read more
How to set timing of 1999 4.3l olds bravada after I have replaced
Auto Go
Auto Go, Shop Owner
How to set timing of 1999 4.3l olds bravada after I have replaced both head gaskets and acturally turned the crankshaft while the distrubutor was out.… read more
put a set of vortec heads..need to do to be able to put roller rockers
Dan, Automotive Fleet Management
i have put a set of vortec heads on a 78model 350 i was wanting to know what length pushrods i will need and what will i need to do to be able to put roller rockers on it ? &nb sp; [email protected]… read more
GM: fuel filter..misfire..front end shakes and the exhaust gets
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Auto Dealership Owner
Hello, It's a Daewoo Laganza (believed to be made by GM, well most parts have a GM reference). I put new spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter and still get the misfire. The car cranks but but runs rea… read more
timeing..daewoo laganza 2.2 there are two different marks on each cam
Mauricio
Mauricio, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
can you tell me which marks to use to set timeing on2000 daewoo laganza 2.2 there are two different marks on each cam.… read more
Special: cylinder head..a mazda mx6 1996 2.5 v6 engine..camshaft
Triston
Triston, High School or GED
When rebuilding the cylinder head for a mazda mx6 1996 2.5 v6 engine, and putting the camshaft back on, How do you set the proper timimg or placement of the two spockets, do you have to use a special … read more
You install new pipe before you torque pipes to the heads
oliver
oliver, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
should you warm a motor cycle up after you install new pipe before you torque pipes to the heads… read more
1993 suzuki swift: diagram..crank..a new timing belt and cant..4cyl
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
i need a diagram for setting the cam and crank timing. trying to put a new timing belt and cant find how to set the timing. or for that matter the step by step instructions on instaling a timing belt … read more
1999 Cadillac STS: head gaskets..the next day after getting car back
Dan, Auto Technician
I had new head gaskets put on a 1999 Cadillac STS and the next day after getting car back a tap was present. There was no tap present before taking car to be repaired. I would like to the proper proce… read more
It won't start after putting a new battery in and it's
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
It won't start after putting a new battery in and it's flashing the security light … read more
84 GMC: new set of heads on but it wont start..compression..backfire
james
james, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 84 GMC Pickup with a 305 and just recently put a new set of heads on but it won't start. Have compression, have spark but when it tries to start I just get gas and/or flames from carb(intake … read more
1999 bmw: timeing AND TORQUE SETTINGS..HEAD GASKET..BACK TOGETHER
david
david, Heavy Duty Repair Mechanic
I NEED THE TIMEING AND TORQUE SETTINGS FOR A BMW B10 ALPINA 4.6 V8 WHICH REQUIRES A HEAD GASKET THE INFO IS REQUIRED TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER CAN U HELP Optional Information: 1999 BMW B10 Alpina v8 4 v… read more
wont start..relays try to kick in but no engagement..put a jump start
Chris Gast
Chris Gast, Technician
My laganza won't start. I hear the relays try to kick in but no engagement of the engine. I have put a jump start on the car to see if that would start it, it didn't. Could it be the starter? What can… read more
Put new heads headers all new relays new plugs and wires
Eric, Retired
Put new heads headers all new relays new plugs and wires including new belts put everything back together car started now security light keep flashing in dash when I try to start car guess security sy… read more
How to set timing on 1999 Chev Malibu 2'4 twin over head cam
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
How to set timing on 1999 Chev Malibu 2'4 twin over head cam … read more
89 Subaru: AWD..a broken timming belt on the left head..cam timing
Dean
Dean, Service Manager/Lead Technician
89 Subaru 1.8 DL AWD When you have a broken timming belt on the left head. How do you set the cam timing?… read more
94 camaro: with a blown head gasket..new head gasket put on
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
have a 94 camaro with a blown head gasket how much would it cost to get just a new head gasket put on… read more