Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

chevolet uplander: one year ago my transmission was rebuilt,

one year ago my transmission was rebuilt, last weekend the pan and hoses failed and the fluid leaked out. I needed to have it towed to the dealership the said I needed new pan and hoses a $500.00 job, now the work is completed they say it needs a diasnostic because the think it overheated because fluid seems to be pushing up through the engine. M concern is they just rebuilt the tranny one year ago and still more problems
2008 chevolet uplander 71,000
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the shop that is repairing it now, the same shop that did the rebuild?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, east syracuse chevolet

then the transmission should be under warranty still, almost all GM dealerships install GM Certa rebuilt transmissions, they very rarely overhaul them in house, and these transmissions come with a 3 year, 100,000 mile waranty, do you know if they rebuilt it in house, or installed a rebuild?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

even rebuilt transmissions because he says the pan and hoses were from just natural wear

Yes, the GM serta transmissions come complete with pans already installed, the hoses probably wont be warrantied, but the transmission should be, do you know if they installed a GM rebuilt?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he said yes

then the trans will be under warranty, the pan should have also been under warranty, since these rebuilds come with the pan on, and full of fluid, they should replace or fix the transmission for free, and I would ask for your money back on the pan repair,Tim