Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Chris
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
STS: cad..blower motor..12v, red or blk to white 0v, blk to chassis
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
1997 cad STS blower motor not working. test red to chassis 12v, red to blk 12v, red or blk to white 0v, blk to chassis 0v. tried new blower, does not work. is there a relay or controler before the fan… read more
going down the highway and get the red triangle and safely
Master Tech Lee
Master Tech Lee, Automotive Diagnostic Repair Technician
going down the highway and get the red triangle and safely pull over warning. what's the fix?… read more
1990 gmc: full size trucks ecbm on the fuse panel keeps shorting
Dan, Auto Technician
my 1990 gmc jimmy full size trucks ecbm on the fuse panel keeps shorting out and i would like to know what it is.… read more
I am a Corvette owner from Norway, I have two cars, a C3
kalamykid
kalamykid, Pactor automotive
Hi, I am a Corvette owner from Norway, I have two cars, a C3 1974 and a C5 2003 model. In my C3 I installed in 2014 a new Crate engine, a SBC 350/383 V8- 404 hp, 436 LBS engine. I regret this change, … read more
Is it safe to go from synthetic oil back to conventional?
Dan, Automotive Technician
Is it safe to go from synthetic oil back to conventional? Does changing from one type of oil to another cause wearing or damaging of seals and rings? Can it lead to oil leaks? Thank you. 2007 Honda ci… read more
2004 Sunbird: disconnected..I reconnected it the car..few seconds
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I disconnected the positive terminal from the battery on my 2004 Sunbird. When I reconnected it the car would start but will only run for a few seconds. I have tried leaving the key in the on position… read more
2002 Mitsubishi Diamante: airbags..heater core..turn key..neg
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Temporary disconnect airbags in car to install a new heater core. Just want to be safe while doing this. I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante. Local Mechanic told me to turn key to lock position, disconn… read more
1994 Acura Legend: hitch..4dr..pull..a 4x8 uhaul trailer
glenn
glenn, Maintenance, Technician
I want to put a class I hitch on my 1994 Acura Legend 4dr. Would it be safe to pull a 4''x8'' uhaul trailer from New Mexico to Illinois? The car is in excellent shape, but I don''t want to chance it w… read more
i disconnected the fuel line from the carb, turned
Auto Hut
Auto Hut, Service Manager
my craftsman lawn tractor will not start. I removed the bowl from the carb and found no gas in it. i disconnected the fuel line from the carb, turned over the motor and fuel was being pumped to the ca… read more
1999 vanden plas: V8..red and amber)..Stability control..low rpm
John, MASTER AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
What is a computer messge error in a Jaguar V8 1999 Vanden Plass: fial safe power failure (red and amber), then second message: Stability control failure. When that happen the engine still runs roughl… read more
Aside from the emissions, is it safe car (2002 Gr Prix 3.1L)
Randall C
Randall C, Auto Technician / Consultant
Aside from the emissions, is it safe for my car (2002 Gr Prix 3.1L) to bypass the EGR unit? How do I do it?… read more
Saab: disconnecting..tune..98 900s, I would appreciate any suggestions
Dean
Dean, Service Manager/Lead Technician
How do you reset the "CODE" screen after entering the incorrect code? I recently entered the wrong code after disconnecting the battery for a tune up and all I get is "----". The Saab is a 98 900S, I … read more
A bang the revs shot up from 3000 to 4500 rpm when i..gears..reverse
RMillerPhD
RMillerPhD, V.P. of Academic Affairs
I have a citeon C3 automatic i was driving it on the motorway at about 70 mph when i heard a bang the revs shot up from 3000 to 4500 rpm when i stopped the car iput it into park restarted the engine p… read more
amp quick disconnect plug,for removing my amp from my car
Steve
Steve, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I need an amp quick disconnect plug,for removing my amp from my car with out having to disconnect the fuse. Is there a plug you can buy , out there somewere ???… read more
My generator warning light came on when I started my car. Is
Andrew
Andrew, Level A Technician
my generator warning light came on when I started my car. Is it safe to drive to work today? … read more
2002 YUKON: FUEL TANK..I DISCONNECT THE FUEL LINE AT THE FUEL FILTER
Ms. Wrench
Ms. Wrench, High School or GED
WHAT IS A SAFE WAY TO EMPTY A FUEL TANK ON A 2002 YUKON XL? CAN I DISCONNECT THE FUEL LINE AT THE FUEL FILTER AND USE THE IGNITION TO POWER THE FUEL PUMP AND DISCHARGE THE FUEL INTO CONTAINERS OR IS T… read more
I have a Suzuki sx4 and love it. Just would like to know if
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hi, I have a Suzuki sx4 and love it. Just would like to know if the middle headrest in the backseat can be safely removed. Only thing that blocks my view. … read more
my cars engine..master or a experienced person in this area
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
is it safe to degrease my car's engine,people seem to have differing opinions,I would like a objective non biased opinion from a master or a experienced person in this area.… read more