Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Pete, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Cause the transmission to go into limp mode on a 92 eagle talon?
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair, Mechanic
what would cause the transmission to go into limp mode on a '92 eagle talon? it had been running great until the water pump and head gasket were replaced… read more
2004 gmc envoy xuv: limp mode, but what is wrong with cooling system
Jerry, Master Mechanic
2004 gmc envoy xuv code P0606. Causes limp mode, but what is wrong with cooling system? aprox. 36000 miles.… read more
My 2006 JCW Mini keeps going into limp mode. What are possible
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
My 2006 JCW Mini keeps going into limp mode. What are possible reasons? Cleared codes and ran fine for awhile but started again. Husband thinks our extreme wet weather might have something to do with … read more
minia van to cut back in acceleration when the ac is on..clunk..brakes
Ms. Wrench
Ms. Wrench, High School or GED
what is causing my pont. minia van to cut back in acceleration when the ac is on? And what is causing a clunk noise in the back when the brakes are applied for a full stop????… read more
My van jerks when I'm accelerating.It's running loud and it
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
My van jerks when I'm accelerating.It's running loud and it runs real bad when low on gas. … read more
I have a couple of questions regarding the brakes on my van.
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
I have a couple of questions regarding the brakes on my van. I believe they are due for servicing but I'm not sure I'm getting good info from the shop I had inspect them. Recently I've notice some noi… read more
It's an airtrek I'm not sure how to explain it but when you
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
It's an airtrek I'm not sure how to explain it but when you put your foot down it feels choked and doesn't gain any speed but if you take your foot off and put it back on it goes real well and you can… read more
1998 GMC: A/C in my van doesnt work properly...blowing hot
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I own a 1998 GMC Savana model G1500. The A/C in my van doesn't work properly. It blows the way it should, but it's blowing hot (outside) air. Plus, I've noticed that the A/C makes a piercing, whistlin… read more
My powertrain malfunction light came on. My car went in to
Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
My powertrain malfunction light came on. My car went in to "limp home"mode. The engine seems to run fine. Any suggestions?… read more
1995 SAAB 9000 Aero: occasionally..restarting..my battery..rebuilt
Elated Technician
Elated Technician, Service Technician
i recently had my throttle body replaced and it was running well but occasionally it would still go into limp home mode but restarting the car fixed that. Then after getting my battery replaced and th… read more
My car went..I replaced the tcm, now the car wont start... What gives
HondaPlatinum
My car went into "limp in mode", I replaced the TCM, now the car won't start... What gives...… read more
Tranny..highway speed..she heard a big clunk which shook the van
rashawn
rashawn, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I'm fairly sure the tranny is gone, but here's what's going on: My wife was driving at highway speed yesterday when she heard a big "clunk" which shook the van. The van then lost drive and coasted to … read more
1992 diamante: most common cause..running fine..common problem
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
What is the most common cause of a transmission going in to "fail safe" mode on a 1992 Diamanti? Shifting and running fine one day but not shifting the next. Is there a common problem to look for firs… read more
2000 Saab 95: light came..my mechanic..neutral..transmission fluid
Joe
Joe, Shop supervisor
I was driving my 2000 Saab 95 normally, when the engine light and transmission light came on and went into "limp mode". I immediately took it over to my mechanic. They checked the code: which showed t… read more
Van..my foot from the gas it will sputter and die what is causing this
jon_050
jon_050, auto mechanic
when I start my van it starts with no problem but as soon as I remove my foot from the gas it will sputter and die what is causing this. My husband has fixed so many of what he thought it might be but… read more
What Would Cause A Car Battery To Discharge? I took my van
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Dealership Service & CR Manager
I took my van to a Honda Dealership friday they checked the battery and charging system, and charged up the battery. They said they could find nothing wrong. I drove the van home and parked it. I did not use my van at all on saturday. On sunday morning I go to my van to drive it and it is completely dead. … read more
my daewoo nubira runs quite well but it doesnt give out heat
mike
mike, Bmw master tech 9 years
My daewoo nubira runs quite well but it doesn't give out heat could you tell me what could be the cause of that and what should i do for it? Thanks… read more
2002 Lexus es300: runs great but doesnt idle..stopping..traffic light
HondaPlatinum
My 2002 Lexus es300 runs great but doesn't idle properly after stopping for a traffic light sometimes.… read more