Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
My son and father-in-law got the front bolt off and the back
brandon thaggard
brandon thaggard, Automotive and Diesel Technology with Heavy Equipment
Hey, it's me again! My son and father-in-law got the front bolt off and the back two bolts off, but when they went to take it off, there was another something in the front that was still holding it to… read more
I put gas in my van my gas gauge does not work and i have two takes
Autotech
Autotech, Owner/Technician
when i put gas in my van my gas gauge does not work and i have two takes i work sometime and then it does not work other times… read more
Saab 95: I have two questions If that is ok? First i want
Joe
Joe, Owner Kingsland Auto & Marine Services
I have two questions If that is ok? First i want to know the proper procedure for brake line replacement? Second do you know of a factory repair manual I can get not the haynes manual but the dealer r… read more
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 AWD: I have two questions; both
Eric, Retired
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 AWD: I have two questions; both speculative:1) My son was run off the road the other afternoon and struck a curb with the driver's side front tire with sufficient force to ruptu… read more
Everything works but the only way to shut the brake lights..unhook
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
my brake lights will not shut off. everything works but the only way to shut the brake lights off is to unhook the battery.… read more
1988 toyo with a 22r-e it sat for two years while being worked
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
i have an 1988 toyo with a 22r-e it sat for two years while being worked on and now the only thing it does is it will start with the ignitor then shut off.what is the problem… read more
The plastic covering to my side view mirror broke off. the
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
The plastic covering to my side view mirror broke off. the functions still work and everything, is there any way I can just replace the plastic covering? Id hate to have to replace the entire thing… read more
1995 porsche 911: automatic..locks..the drivers side seat..controls
Jan Andersson
Jan Andersson, Master Tech
Two questions regarding a 1995 porsche 911 carrera First, my convertible top will not come down. The motor is working, but the automatic locks are not releasing. Second, the drivers side seat will not… read more
5k..it possible i need adjustment on my valves and injectors
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
Why does my 130 have no power on take off, head replaced 12 months 5k ago, is it possible i need adjustment on my valves and injectors… read more
I'm working on a 2010 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0L. I have
Eric, Retired
I'm working on a 2010 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0L. I have two questions. One, does the radiator have to be removed to replace the condenser? Two, are the threads on the fan left or right hand?… read more
my brakes..trip..my foot down..weird sensation that im sliding on ice
joe
joe, Automotive Technician Instructor assista
I just had my front brakes replaced about a month ago, and ever since then my brakes decide to work two different ways. One trip they will be very touchy and work great just by barely touching them, t… read more
1994 miata: emergency brake..adjusted the cable and the brake pads.
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My 1994 miata emergency brake does not hold. I have adjusted the cable and the brake pads. any suggestions?… read more
my question , its my first time using , does it usually take this long
IMPORTPRO
IMPORTPRO, 8th grade
iv been waiting a few hours , did someone get my question , its my first time using , does it usually take this long ?… read more
brake light came..I added brake fluid..squeaking..brake pads
tundra_fats
tundra_fats, Associate Degree
I have a question about the brakes. The brake light came on and the brake pedal went all the way down and the car hardly stopped so I added brake fluid but the brake light is still on, and the brake p… read more
93 325i: brake light works..a 97 740i with the same problem
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
I have a 93 325i and the brake left brake light works on and off. When I take it in to my mechanic, he can't find a problem. I have a friend with a 97 740i with the same problem. How do I solve this p… read more
You compress the rear drivers side caliper..brake cable
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
how do you compress the rear driver''s side caliper for the brakes, do I need to take off the e brake cable and if so how do I do that also?… read more
Drums..it would apear that the screw heads may be broken i cant tell
GMC Tech
GMC Tech, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
i am having trouble taking my brake drums off. each side has only one retaining screw and there are two slots, although it would apear that the screw heads may be broken i cant tell. what do you think… read more
kia optima 2002, brake lights not working. What do I check
brownjeff
brownjeff, Associate Degree
kia optima 2002, brake lights not working. What do I check first? And, does the brake light switch tend to be the problem?… read more