Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

DaveTheCarGuy
DaveTheCarGuy
DaveTheCarGuy, Car Enthusiast

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Glenn, I have a problem resetting my 2004 Nissan Pulsar N16
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
Hi Glenn, I have a problem resetting my 2004 Nissan Pulsar N16 radio. My wife punched in the wrong number 3 times and we now have an error on the radio, I've since left the ignition on for 1 1/2 hours… read more
2008 4.0L Toyota Tacoma. Engine Light is on and has very
Michael Solis
Michael Solis, auto mechanic
2008 4.0L Toyota Tacoma. Engine Light is on and has very rough idle when in drive. Goes away in neutral … read more
2000 Ford Explorer: rough..pedal..After it warms..high idle solenoid
robert legowski
robert legowski, auto mechanic
I have a 2000 Ford Explorer that idles very rough when cold...it dies unless you keep the idle high and feather the pedal. After it warms up, the problem stops. I have replaced the high idle solenoid … read more
my 2008 hummer h3x has a rough idle..engine light flashes then goes
CCTMSTR
CCTMSTR, Technician
my 2008 hummer h3x has a rough idle after gas got low , engine light flashes then goes out… read more
2000 Catera: 000 miles..idling..now the check engine light comes
autotech155
autotech155, Head Technican
I have a 2000 Catera with 32,000 miles, however, it has been idling very rough and then occasionally I will be going very slow around 20 mph, and then when I touch the gas to speed up it will change v… read more
Fuel pressure..engine new crank sensor,distributor,cap,rotor
cartech
cartech, master tech
Installed a new Goodwrench 350 "R" engine in a 1999 Chev Suburban.Now has intermit rough idle,fuel pressure decreases the longer vehicle runs,has good vacume.Along with engine new crank sensor,distrib… read more
2000 Mazda Protege LX: A new belt was put on with new alternator
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
2000 Mazda Protege LX. A new belt was put on with new alternator. After about 3 months of running the belt that goes around the alternator is gone. Somehow the belt is shaved or cut but it is not ther… read more
2001 aurora: 4.0 the idle is very rough sometimes low..02 sensor
ASEMaster35yrs
ASEMaster35yrs, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i have a 2001 aurora 4.0 the idle is very rough sometimes low and sometimes too high it was put on a machine and it just said multiple missfires the mechanic didnt know exactly what it could be i had … read more
i put new injectors..car shuts off.But it does start right back up
Dave
Dave, Owner
i put new injectors in.Ater it sit over night i start it the idle goes kind of high then it idle down than after that the car shuts off.But it does start right back up… read more
injectors..driver side is not hooked up..passenger side i..harness
Jim Chill
Jim Chill, High School or GED
after installing new valve cover gaskets , the car idles rough (lopes) only in drive it is fine in reverse , park or neutral. i did disconnect both of the gas lines to the injectors and the vacuum lin… read more
Contour: rough idle..really rough..it is trying to rev it self..dies
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
Hi, I have a 1997 for contour with the vtech engine. It has a rough idle. Sometimes it will idle really rough, like it is trying to rev it self up and down usually 3 times then dies. While moving or g… read more
2000 Infiniti I30: After sitting idle..developed a rough idle
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
I have a 2000 Infiniti I30. After sitting idle for 2 months it now has developed a rough idle. Any suggestions?… read more
My service engine light goes on, I read the code and it is..High idle
Joe
Joe, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My service engine light goes on, I read the code and it is interperted as "High idle" This has reoccured 4 times in the last month. Any thing to be alarmed about?… read more
alternator..very bad sounds comming from under the hood..jump started
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
when an alternator goes bad is it normal to have very bad sounds comming from under the hood after it has been jump started or is this a seperate problem… read more
sitting idle..october after having the transmission replaced
hauto
hauto, Operate own repair shop
my son is looking at buying a 2000 daewoo (not sure of the model) that has been sitting idle since October after having the transmission replaced. it currently has 80000 miles on it. can you tell us i… read more
Ideling..Today I parked and the engine ran very high even after I
Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Expert on Just Answer
My engine has been ideling very high when I come to a stop. Today I parked and the engine ran very high even after I put it into park. I turned it off and then on again and it is running consistently … read more
AFTER INSTALLING A NEW BATTERY, AND STARTING THE ENGINE, I
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
AFTER INSTALLING A NEW BATTERY, AND STARTING THE ENGINE, I FOUND I HAVE CROSSED THE TERMINEL OF THE BATTERY, + & -. I corrected the position and found most of function didn't work. and then i changed … read more
I have a 1997 Saturn SL2. It idles very high, over 2000 rpms.
Glenn
Glenn, Technician/Trainer
I have a 1997 Saturn SL2. It idles very high, over 2000 rpm's. I have checked for vacuum leaks, cleaned out the idle air motor and throttle body, chekced the trottle possition sensor, I can't find any… read more