Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Mitsubishi Colt 2.8 turbo diesel: Colt 2.8 turbo diesel intercooled.

Colt 2.8 turbo diesel intercooled...
Colt 2.8 turbo diesel intercooled. starts when cold and idle's. after a minute rev's drop and engine stalls. Hard starting after that then engine starts and runs and then stalls again, after third time engine runs fine then up to operating temperature runs fine.

I have replaced all glow plugs.
10/31/2013
Pete, Technician
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be caused by a restriction in the fuel supply like a restricted fuel filter which can be a common issue.

If you have not replaced the fuel filter recently or checked to see if there are any restricted fuel lines or any that are damaged this should be done.

I have also seen faulty coolant temp sensors sending the incorrect engine coolant temp reading to the computer.In this case the computer will think the engine is warmer then what it actually is and can cause this.This would need to be checked/inspected to see if this is the case here with either a scan tool that can plug into your vehicle and read the engine data lists or by testing the sensor operation.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician

Hi

Where is the coolant temp sensor located on the engine.

Unfortunately my info doesn't list the location of this sensor.It is usually located in the cylinder head assembly.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician