Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Isuzu Rodeo: Hi I have just put a new battery in my ute and

Hi I have just put a new battery in my ute and 1week later it wouldnt start. Charging system light has come on and also the water in fuel system has come on. Any ideas on what I should do. The vehicle is a diesel 1991 Isuzu rodeo. Thanks very much
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

You most probably have a bad Alternator .

Recharge the new battery (a fully charged battery will have 12,4 volts)
Then refit the battery and start the Rodeo ,with a volt meter connected to the battery you should have 14+/-5 volts if lower then you have a bad alternator which explains the flat battery .
Check the alternator belt is correctly fitted and tensioned ,repair if need and retry .if still under voltage have the Alternator repaired or replaced .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg