Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

land rover freelander: hi there, i hav a 2002 land rover freelande

hi there, i hav a...
hi there, i hav a 2002 land rover freelande S 2.5 lt wen i drivin it feel wen change the gear song like tranni slip and on the screen cluster control F and 4 is flashin one time 4 and then F ... and the HDC warnin light is on the one it look a yellow car.... and i got 2 code p1748,C1151
10/14/2013
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

im sorry your having this problem

are you looking to fix this yourself ?or looking for what the shop would more than likely find wrong with it ?

i want to fix this by my self

Ok Dodge with the code P1748 more than likely the problem is the 2/4 brake solenoid which is in the valve body would need to be replaced

if all the wiring to the transmission is good and the wiring under the pan installing new 2/4 brake solenoid and 2/4 timing solenoids should correct this problem you are having

unless you drop the pan and there is metal or excessive clutch material aluminum or brass seen in the bottom of the pan if there are any signs of the this the solenoids caused deep internal damage to the transmission and rebuilding it or installing a used or rebuilt transmission will need to be done

# XXXXX and # XXXXX are the 2 solenoids on the valve body

Gary
Gary, Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician