AMD
AMD, Master Technician
Experience:  L1 Advanced Level Diagnostics Specialist
65953032

Where can I find out the time it takes to perform a mechanical

Where can I find out the time it takes to perform a mechanical task on a particular automobile. For example, how much time to change rear brake pads on a 2004 Cadillac or any other vehicle for that matter. Is there a web site?

AMD :

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Car question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

AMD :

Are you available to discuss your question at this time?

AMD :

Generally what you are looking for is called a flat rate manual or a labor guide. Companies like chilton make ones that you may purchase. Online you may go to www.alldata.com which offers more than a labor guide which includes a repair manual for all vehicles.

AMD :

However what I can do for you is get you the labor time that you'd like at this time

AMD :

In your example it breaks down into 1.3 for the brake job and 0.4 per side for resurface of the rotor or 0.4 for both to replace

AMD :

You can also go to www.laborguide.net for an online labor guide.

AMD :

Did you have any other questions for me today?