cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

what causes the check gauges light to come on

cloe0626 :

You have a bad gauge the best bet is to go ahead and replace it

Customer:

we are planning to sell this truck and want everything working properly first, about how much should it cost with labor and parts and is it hard to get at thanks

cloe0626 :

Depending on the gauge it shouldnt be more then 130 with labor its not hard to do doesn't take bout 20 min

Customer:

if we replace the gauge and it still happens after what next would you think it could be I am worried that it could be a oil pump other then the gauge problem the truck runs great only selling because I don't need 2 vehicles now

cloe0626 :

I doubt that it is the oil pump you can get pressure gauge at the parts store for about 20 dollars and check it but 9 times out of 10 its the gauge