Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

Maserati Granturismo: I have a 2008 Granturismo Basic. This

I have a 2008 Granturismo Basic. This morning I started it and let it idle for about 15 minutes while I wiped it down and got ready to leave. When I got in, the a/c was blowing HOT air. Not warm, HOT. The engine temp stays at 195 degrees with only slight variances. When I turn the fan off, the air vents in the dash become very hot. Nothing changed with driving it or letting it sit for an hour and re-trying.

The a/c worked good a couple of days ago when I last drove it. I have had battery issues and charged it with a trickle charger last night, which I have done before. There are no error messages. The nearest Maserati mechanic is about 100 miles away.

Thank you.

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for allowing me to assist you! Sounds like the HVAC control head has lost it's calibration with the blend door actuator. Low battery voltage may have caused this. It may be a failed blend door actuator also. Try this: With the ignition off, disconnect the negative battery cable for about 2 minutes then reconnect it. Then set the temp control to midway. Start the vehicle and let it idle for a few minutes. The HVAC system should re calibrate itself. See if all is well after that. If it still is blowing hot, then that blend door actuator has failed, or the blend door itself has failed and then you will need to go to the dealer.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Worked like a charm. Thank you very much. You saved me a lot of grief.

You are welcome Kevin! Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating. Also thanks for using just answer!

Chris