Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

suzuki vitara: 1998 Suzuki vitara a/c pump not coming on

1998 Suzuki vitara a/c pump...
1998 Suzuki vitara a/c pump not coming on
9/29/2013
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

im sorry your having this problem

the A/C compressor will not turn on at all when the engine is running and A/C is turned on ?

yes sir what could be the problem after I have been checking all fuses and they are good

usually right off the bat these systems will not turn on if the refrigerant in the A/C is low

do you know if the refrigerant is filled up to spec ?

enough refridgerant is in the system and there is no power going to the pressure switch or the compressor

if you unplug # XXXXX in this picture and jump the 2 terminals in the connector with a wire or paper clip will the A/C compressor turn on ? with the engine running and A/C turned on ?

which relay is used to ignite power to the a/c compressor

# XXXXX in that same picture

ok and how can I check to see if the relay is not functioning ? and if that same relay functions what could be the next step ?

first try jumping what I said and see if it turns on

let me know

also do you have a test light or a multi meter on hand ?

ok

hold on 5 mins

ok

do you have a test light or a multi meter ?

yes I do and I did the test and I did ground one of the relays to chassis and only the condenser fan came on where do I go from here

what happened when you jumped the 2 terminals on # XXXXX connector ?

only the a/c compressor turn on and nothing else and the condenser began to get warm

ok so with the engine running if you jump # XXXXX the compressor will turn on ?

will it blow cold air ?

yes for a couple secs cause the fan cannot cool the condenser because it don't come on

ok if you jump that switch and the compressor will turn on either the refrigerant is low or over filled or that switch is bad

if the compressor did not turn on we would be going a whole other direction

Gary
Gary, Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician