Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

seems like the vehicle is in four wheel drive when i turn tight

seems like the vehicle is in four wheel drive when i turn tight corners. whats the solution.

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IT IS A 2002 OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA, IT HAS 212000 MILES ON IT THE ENGINE IS THE 4.2 LITER. i DID CHECK THE FUSE, I ALSO JUST REPLACED THE FRONT WHEEL BEARING ON THE LEFT SIDE. THE BRAKES SEEM TO BE FINE. ITS ONLY WHEN YOU TURN SHARP. IT BINDS UP.

This is a common problem on the Bravada. The vehicle is all wheel drive. The transfer case should disengage when turning to avoid the binding. The transfer case encoder motor (actuator) will need to be replaced and the TCCM (transfer case control module) reprogrammed by the dealer to fix the problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Any idea of cost? And can the actuator be replaced by a diy.