K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

prelude: stalled out 1989 prelude

stalled out 1989 prelude

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

.

Do the injectors pulse?

.

What is the compression?

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i put a test light on #1 injector and it pulsed..comp.between 120-150.car only has 100,000..honda put a new head on at 70,000 ..they messed up timing belt replacement and wreaked head..was running great and just died..like,,ran out of gas,,,

Fuel spark and compression? That should run.

. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Have you checked the fuel pressure with an actual pressure gauge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no.i dont have a fitting that small for my gauge..am getting one tomorrow.i hit it with starting fluid and nothing? spark seems pretty good although maybe a bit orange.pulling my hair out.

Thanks for that information. It should be cranking off starting fluid. The orange spark is somewhat uncomforting. You should have a nice blue spark as you know.
These cars had a lot of trouble with the igniter in the car. If one fails it will alter the ignition timing and coil dwell leading to week spark.
I'd suggest picking up one of he spark testers from your local parts stores. http://www.amazon.com/Thexton-THE404-Spark-Tester/dp/B0002STSBM
Set it to 40,000 volts and see what kind of spark you have. If its still weak go ahead and check the coil. click here for the coil testing procedure.
If the coil checks good, fuel pressure is good, compression and timing is good the only other thing would be a bad igniter, which was a fairly common failure point on these cars.
LEt me know what you find and I'll be glad to help further.
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
Hello, The igniter is on the passenger side inner fender panel

K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is that the same thing as ingnition module?that what the parts stores are calling it?

yes they may have it listed as ignition module. Also there were two different ones used so you may want to take in the old one. HEre's the oem numbers so they can cross them

Hitachi............................................................................................................................... 30120PH4005

Tec..................................................................................................................................... 30130P64004