Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

Question for small engine mechanics or any mechanic that would

Question for small engine mechanics or any mechanic that would know. Please do not tie up my question unless you have model numbers otherwise I guarantee you will not be paid.

I would like to replace the resister spark plugs to non resister plugs on a lawn mower, leaf blower and trimmer. Would you please provide the model/brand of each replacement plug that is of the non resistor type? I dont care about the brand as long as it is reasonably good.

Need to replace an RJ19LM with non resistor type

Need to replace Bosch USR4AC with non resistor type

Possibly need to replace NGK BPM8Y as I do not know if this is a resistor type or not. If it is, please let me know the replacement to get a non resistor t ype.
Thank you

Dr. Hamman :

Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.

The non resistor equivalent for the Champion RJ19LM is a J19LM. The Bosch plug USR4AC doesn't have a Bosch equivalent in non resistor, but it crosses over to an NGK CMR6H, which is a resistor plug, but there is a non resistor version of it, the NGK CM6H is what you need if you want to get into a non resistor plug. The NGK BPM8Y is not a resistor plug. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Customer:

So we have the plugs below

Customer:

Champion RJ19LM -

Customer:

NGK CM6H

Customer:

NGK BPM8Y is already a non resistor type plug

Customer:

The NGK CM6H - I cannot find this plug anywhere. When I was asking the question, I mean of course plugs I can go out and buy. Do you know of an online source to purchase that plug?

Customer:

Is there another cross over to the NGK CM6H that we can use that is maybe more readily available?

Dr. Hamman :

Yes you have it all right they cross over just like I listed above, let me look for a source for the NGK CM6H I will be back with you ASAP

Customer:

Great thank you

Dr. Hamman :

That is a tough number to find, I found some in Japan, that ought to be good for a late night laugh. NGK has changed part numbers a lot, and they have so many series of plugs they dont make it easy. Anyway there is an NGK plug it is the NGK 3365, they are pretty easy to find. It is a non resistor equivalent for the NGK CMR6H, so search for a NGK 3365, they came up all over the place when I searched.

Customer:

Excellent, thank you very much. Yes I discovered that too, they cannot just agree on a standard and focus on making a good product, they have to make things more difficult than it should be. IN order to pay you, do I just click the happy face below? Nice that they dumbed this down so much, it actually made it harder for me to figure out how to pay the expert.