Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2006 VW GolF fsi will not start after fuse change?Could

VW GolF 2006 fsi will not...

VW GolF 2006 fsi will not start after fuse change? Could some one help me with this? I have and esp fault light that will not turn off so today I checked if the fuse was broken...not knowing which one I looked at all of them but I did replace one fuse in the incorrect postion, I then tried to start engine and of course it woudn't turn...then I put the fuse in the correct postion after looking at diagram (all fuses are in correct position now) but now the fuel pump does not sound on ignition turn on and car turns but will not start anymore...on trying it also plashed STOP in red on panel....also elecrical close windows with key does not work....anybody know what has happened (has immobilizer cut in? and how can I fix this problem???

9/12/2013
Pete, Technician
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like one or more fuses may be possibly out of place in the fuse box still.I would double check the fuses and make sure they are all installed correctly and that no other fuses are shorted/broken causing this issue here.

If all fuses are found to be installed in the correct positions (and you are sure of this) and no fuses are shorted out let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete

yes all fuses are in correct position. when turning on the ignition there is no sound of pertol pump

Have you had fault codes checked in all computers using a scan tool fully compatible with your vehicle?

I have a friend coming this evening to do this, also all fuses are in correct position and none have blown...i replaced new just in case and are all in correct place and amp with diagram...everything was fine untill I checked the ABS fuse I also looked at all the other fuses at the same time (perhaps I removed a fuse when car was running) due to EPS light showing on car illumination

It is possible you had placed the vehicle into a theft mode if a fuse was removed and reinstalled with the vehicle running or key on.I would have the fault codes checked to see what codes have set,then erase the codes and see if the vehicle then starts and runs.If the fault is still present after this is done and if one or more fault codes come back again let me know.

Thanks Pete

there are no fault codes present...start and turns but will not start...no fuel getting to engine?

This all occurred after you had replaced a blown fuse and removed and reinstalled other fuses am I correct or was this an issue before as well?

Hello pete, just had friend round with the diagnostic kit, there were no faults present and golf occasionally start but turn off straight away, my friend who isnt a qualified machenic (but has expeirence) says that the antitheft has cut in and the fuel pump is not working also power steering will not realese, so I have arranged for the car to be picked up and taken to Vindis VW in cambridge, they have told me that the ESP fault light will be fixed FOC as it is a common problem with Golf 2004-2008, but to reprogramme (if it is that will need to be paid) but if you can think of anything let me know...ps there were no fault codes to eliminate...thanks you so much...I will wait for reply then make the £18.00 payment uk car answer...Anthony

Thanks for the update on your vehicle here.If it does start and shuts right off this usually does indicate a fault with the theft system being engaged and the dealer can program it to correct this here.This most likely occurred when fuses were removed and reinstalled.

The dealer also sounds like they are on the right track for the ESP light and the reprogram should correct this as long as they inspect/test the vehicle properly to make sure this is the fault.

Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help when your ready.

Thanks Pete

from what I can gather the pressure switch in the abs is faulty (which disingages the ESP and VW are repairing this FOC thay will fix the ABS with a kit, this is from ESP fault light forum on facebook...I have a customer code with VW that will verify this also. fault G201...I just hope that the key will not need reprogramming..thanks again for your help, Anthony

Your welcome Anthony.Most likely they will need to reprogram the theft system/key to allow the vehicle to start properly and this wont be covered under the kit they are installing.Usually it can run around an hours labor charge to have the theft system programmed again.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician