Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Van, VIN: 2B6HB21X8RK565259 I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF VAN

Van, VIN: 2B6HB21X8RK565259 I NEED TO...
Van, VIN: 2B6HB21X8RK565259
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF VAN IS THIS, ITS MISSING THE ID PLATE IN DOOR, THE VAN IS CURRENTLY BEING USED AS A ICE CREAM TRUCK.
I WOULD LIKE TO DO A TUNE UP, INCLUDING CAP/ROTOR/PLUGS. HOW DO I SERVICE THIS ENGINE, THANK YOU
9/10/2013
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for allowing me to assist you! This is a 1994 Dodge van with the 3.9 L V6 engine. Here is the VIN summary information. I hope this helps,

Chris

--
VIN: 2B6HB21X8RK565259 In Service Date: September 20, 1993 Year/Model: 1994 DODGE RAM VAN B250 VAN

ervice Information
Year/Model: 1994 DODGE RAM VAN B250 VAN Last Odometer: 26,669 miles on December 27, 1994
Body Style: AB2X11 In-Service Date: September 20, 1993
Engine: EHC-3.9L V6 SMPI Engine In-Service Odometer: 5 miles
Transmission: DGG-3-Spd. Automatic 32RH Transmission Odometer Type: miles
Color 1: PC8-Navy Blue Metallic Car Line: B
Color 2: QC8-Navy Blue Metallic Build Date: April 30, 1993
Current Market Register: U Hour: 10
Book: R

WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF MY QUESTION, THANK YOU.

Oh, sorry. Well to "service the engine" I would recommend draining and replacing the engine oil and oil filter, drain and refill the radiator with a 50/50 mixture of coolant and water. Then replace all 6 spark plugs and the spark plug wires. Inspect the distributor cap and rotor and if the contacts in the cap appear corroded, then replace the cap and rotor. If the van has a fuel filter on the inside of the frame rail, then replace it also. Note: please use ONLY OEM Champion spark plugs. I have seen issues with some after market spark plugs.

I hope that helps,

Chris

how do i get to the engine ? could you please tell me where the fuel filter is located on this van? thanks

To get to the engine, remove the engine cover inside the vehicle. There will be 2 latches up at the front of the cover on each side under the dash, then 2 brackets under the carpet at the rear of the cover. Remove the screws and brackets, then lift off the engine cover. Now some vans had fuel filters and some did not. If yours does, then it will be under the vehicle on the inside of the right or left frame rail.

Chris

Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Chris
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician