Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

Jaguar X type 2002: I have the same car and have two locking

I have the same car and have two locking issues. The driver door works perfectly with the remote but once it auto locks it cannot be opened manually on the driver door. Pulling the lever on the passenger door will open it or taking the fob from the ignition and pressing it will open the door.

My second problem is the rear passenger side door that is locked and cannot be opened manually or by the fob.

Thanks Dennis

I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Rachel

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have had no response soI do not know what extra information needs to be supplied. I urgently need an answer please.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Rachel

If you move the lock knob on the inner handle does it move at all? Will it unlock by using the key blade in the driver door?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Richard
The innere door lock handle does not move and the lever only moves about a cm. I put the window down and put the key in the door and yes it opens.
Dennis
Ok this is most likely a binding inner cable or seized latch. We will need to remove the door panel and latch assembly to check to see if in fact the cable is seized or the latch is sticking mechanically. The panel is not that difficult to remove. First remove the two Phillips screws at the bottom of the door panel. Then remove the small round cover in the center of the door panel with a pick tool and remove that Phillips screw. Then the panel pops off. Usually some of the retainers will break and it is virtually unavoidable. I use a plastic panel tool and go along the edge of the panel popping it out. Then unclip the inside handle cable from the retainer and remove it from the handle.
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes